Did you know that you can start today on your journey to long hair? Now, I'm not saying that it's going to be easy. You may get frustrated. You may give up. But is not it at least worth a try? In this article, you'll get some practical tips to starting off your journey to long hair.
Take Care of Your Body First
Before deciding to grow your hair long, you will need to make sure that you're healthy.
- To ensure you are getting the proper nutrients, take a hair, skin, and nails vitamin.
- Eat according to the food pyramid.
- Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Taking care of your body will make sure that you achieve optimal hair growth. Then you can start working on hair care.
Taking Care of Your Hair
You must take proper care of your hair if you want to grow it long.
- Be gentle with your hair when it's tangly. Just relax, and take your time. The tangles will come out if you give it time.
- Do not use flat irons and curling irons on a regular basis. Save these for special occasions.
- Keep your hair in protective styles to protect it from the environment and clothing.
The more you practice these, the sooner you'll see the fruits of your labor in longer hair.
Hair Care Maintenance
Are you taking care of your hair on a regular basis?
- Once a week, you should shampoo and condition your hair to remove all traces of styling products and dirt.
- Depending on your hair's condition, you should deep condition from every week to every other week.
- Use a protein conditioner at least once a month to keep your hair strong.
- Get a trim every 2-3 months to get rid of raggedy split ends.
By having a schedule, you'll be able to tell if you're progressing in your goal to long hair.
Stimulate Your Scalp
Some essential oils like peppermint and rosemary have amazing effects on the scalp. When applied to your scalp via shampoo or mixed with a carrier oil like Grapeseed, they will cause tingling which leads to stimulating hair growth.
Daily scalp massages will keep your blood flowing and your hair growing!
You can also try yoga poses where your head is below your knees which causes blow flow to the head and scalp.
These tips for long hair should get you started on achieving long healthy hair. If you really want long hair, do not delay. Look at this list again to see what you can do starting today!