Going to the movies for a family night is becoming quite expensive. My families favorite thing to do is movie night, so we have compromised. We now have movie night at home. Each of the kids get to pick a movie, and my husband and I pick a movie. I can leave the video rental store with everyone happy and spend around $ 10. We come home have pizza for supper and then later have microwave popcorn while we watch the movie together.
One thing that you may want to invest in is a Home Theater System. Features to look for in a home theater system become very confusing if you are not familiar with them. The sound system is what will draw you into the movie and you will hear sounds from different speakers surrounding you.
The first experience in a movie theater is the sound. The quality of sound will draw you into the movie and make the experience more real and amazing. A quality surround system can be purchased at a great price if you do some shopping around. Features you need to look for when purchasing a home theater system are:
1. Price compared to quality. There is truth in the statement that you get what you pay for. However, with that in mind, do not pay high dollar for a system that you can get the same features with a less expensive system. Educate yourself and shop around. You can do your research online or go to stores and listen to different systems.
2. The quality of the sound is important. You want your surround system to fill the room with rich sound, not just blaring distorted noise. There is a big difference in systems when it come to this. Even at lower volumes the sound should be pleased and full.
3. A reputable brand that offers reputable customer service. The installation of home theater systems can be daunting. You want to make sure you have access to helpful and courteous service.
4. The style and design of the system. You do not want to purchase a system and then get home and hate the look of it in you living room. Old surround systems had large boxy speakers and were not very eye appealing. Today, it is amazing the high quality sound can come out of such a small speaker.
5. Compatibility with your other components. Read the fine print and make sure your tv, dvd player, blu ray player etc. Will be compatible with the home theater system that you choose.