Have you been dating someone special for a little while? Is the relationship beginning to seem like something serious? You may have even entertained the idea of marriage. If your answer to these questions was ‘yes’, it would be a good idea for you to ask each other certain questions that could help you to get to know each other better.
To get you started on this activity, these are my top 20 questions for couples:
1. What is the one thing you would change about yourself if you had the power to do so?
2. If you were able to change any one thing about me, what would it be?
3. What, more than anything else, makes you feel loved?
4. What is your idea of success?
5. If you were the king (or queen) of the world, what is the first thing you would change?
6. If you could travel back in time, what famous event in history would you like to observe?
7. What historical event would you like to change if you had the power to go back in time?
8. What is the one thing that people do that most annoys you?
9. Of all the places on Earth, where would be your first choice to live?
10. What is the most important goal you want to achieve before you die?
11. What have you learned from your past relationships?
12. Do you seek certain attributes in a person? What are those?
13. In your judgement, what are your best qualities?
14. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
15. What stands out as your most memorable moment?
16. If you won the lottery what would you spend it on?
17. What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
18. What time in history would you have liked to lived in and why?
19. What are you most passionate about?
20. What’s one place you haven’t visited yet that you really want to go?
If my top 20 questions for couples encourage you to engage in meaningful conversations with your loved one, then this article has been successful. I’m sure you can think of some more “get to know” questions, and even some fun questions for couples. Try to avoid simple “yes” or “no” questions. Open-ended questions are generally much better at initiating in-depth discussions. Putting forth some effort to better understand each other now will have long term rewards for both of you.
For more tips that will help you to build a lasting relationship see my sig below.