Doing research on fashions and fashion trends involves much more than just reading a few blog posts or magazines on the subject. Typically, you can find a huge variety of excellent books on the subject of men's clothing fashions by searching Amazon.com. In fact, you will find 13,218 results for "men's fashion."
Though we are bespoke tailors and not literary critics we are well read in our field. We are listing the following fashion books as the top 5 sellers and we feel that they are must-reads for the novice who wants to learn more about the men's fashion.
1) Details Men's Style Manual: The Ultimate Guide for Making Your Clothes Work for You by Daniel Peres – this is one of the most sophisticated guides for creating the ideal men's wardrobe. The publication offers you advice on dressing from head-to-toe, especially when it comes to choosing the proper fit, a classic look, and the latest style. No "dress-up" situation is left untouched whether it's the big boardroom meeting or a casual weekend evening out dancing and dining. This is a must-read for those men who want to catch up on the fashion industry and afford themselves a better look.
2) The Men's Fashion Reader by Peter McNeil and Vicki Karaminas – the book covers the culture, history, and identity of men's fashions as well as providing need-to-know information on methods of approaching the issue, research and development of different style trends , and related case studies. Other themes such as fashion history, the media, subcultures, and fashion theories are also covered. Additionally, every section concludes in annotated fashion with recommendations on further related reading.
3) Men's Style: The Thinking Man's Guide to Dress by Russell Smith – this witty yet informative guide to men's fashions provides excellent illustrations and suggestions regarding male attire. Topics such as purchasing dress watches, selecting tweed garments, and tucking in your shirt are covered in this excellent fashion guide. This is the consummate guide for elegant men as well as the ultimate cultural survey of men's fashion trends.
4) Men's Fashion Illustrations from the Turn of the Century (Dover Pictorial Archive Series) by Jon. J. Mitchell Co. and Jean L. Druesedow – a little bit of history regarding clothing styles of the early 1900's. The book also discusses accessories such as canes, gloves, spats. Whether it's checked and striped business suits, elegant formal wear, fur-trimmed trench coats, or sporty jackets and knickers, you're apt to find content about it in this book.
5) Men's Fashion: The Complete Sourcebook by John Peacock – fashion styles and trends are documented by this former BBC designer. If you consider yourself to be somewhat fashion-challenged, this is the book for you. In the way Everything of men's clothing styles and fashion trends from the French Revolution to the present day are On detailed in this book. Descriptive content, illustrations, and pictures are used to as well in this historical documentary.